With a strong regional knowledge and unrivalled local experience, at Links Group we help individuals and corporations establish new onshore companies in the Middle East, including Abu Dhabi, and can offer guidance throughout the company formation process.
There are 6 key steps to registering a new company in Abu Dhabi:
- Determining the Activity and Legal Form
- Registration of the Trade Name and Activity
- Memorandum of Association or National Service Agency Agreement Notarisation onshore
- Establish Business Location
- Obtaining Approvals of Government Authorities
- Issuance of Government License(s)
Company formation in Abu Dhabi – Legal Requirements:
Abu Dhabi offers a wealth of business opportunities for foreign investors. There are a number of company formation avenues for foreign investors to pursue when launching a new company in the UAE. For onshore formation, the company must engage either a UAE Local Partner or a UAE National Agent.
For those entrepreneurs that go down the route of 100% foreign ownership, there are six types of companies you can register in Abu Dhabi:
- Branch of a Foreign Company
- Branch of a GCC Company
- Branch of a Freezone Company
- Representative Office
- Civil Works Company
- Foreign GCC Branch (one GCC national shareholder/one foreign shareholder)
There are four other company types that can be registered in Abu Dhabi, aside from the wholly foreign-owned options:
- A Limited Liability Company
- Sole Proprietorship L.L.C
- Sole Establishment
- Local Branch
What types of Abu Dhabi business licenses are available for new companies?
There are six different business licenses available to foreign and local investors forming a new company in Abu Dhabi:
- Commercial License
- Professional License
- Industrial License
- Tourism License
- Craft License (Typing Centre, Laundry, Hairdressing Salon etc.)
- Agricultural and Fish and Animal Wealth License
What makes Abu Dhabi such a great place to set up a new company?
With a thriving economic and business climate, the UAE is a nation that heavily supports entrepreneurs and the culture of setting up and growing a successful business.
Abu Dhabi is part of one of the fastest-moving economic hubs on the planet.